Thursday, April 14, 2016

I’ll never forget the blistering hot days in Zion National Park. The incredible thing I learned during this trip was that it doesn’t matter how crappy your current circumstances are, or how weary you may be from the monotony of life. A new destination brings a profound sense of humility that forces us see beyond the small, limited world we so often envelope ourselves in. To look across a vast expanse from the tip of the highest peak, to stand at the edge of a deep canyon, or see a never ending road ahead is just a few of the ways i’ve felt a flood of release from the pressures of life. I expect this is why most people travel, they want to find their own way of escape, an understanding of something greater or a feeling of solitude that they can’t obtain in the buzz of the city. I doubt that creation will ever stop impressing me, in fact, I hope my curiousity only increases as the years go on. So I remain thankful, not only for the opportunity to appreciate it while my bones are still strong, but for the ability to use these experiences as a way of grasping a better understanding of what is important, what is not, and what is beyond my control. 🌿


Like This Page https://goo.gl/9JYXYP

No comments:

Post a Comment