Being part of this amazing film project gave me the unique opportunity to shoot some very talented humans climbing in Indian Creek, Utah this last weekend. It unfortunately had a bittersweet ending were a fellow climber lost his life. I say bittersweet because, where it's an absolute tragedy, the reality of the moment shifted the perspective of everyone that was there that day. In his terrible loss he gave so many of us focus on what's important in life. Maybe even what next steps we should take. Or perhaps a better understanding of our passions, so when we move forward we go with confidence and the knowledge to stay safe. In the photo is new friend @jercollins_com, a first responder to the incident. He acted with bravery, poise, and kindness. I couldn't believe the crew of people that selflessly bursted into actions to do all they could for their fellow man. During times of tragedy, it's important to look back and acknowledge the good that still exists in humanity. Jeremy, you're a shining example of what being an amazing human is. Thanks so much and it was an honor to meet you. Looking forward to the next time we get to hang out. Mark, cheers to you living the life you loved. Where I never met you and you never met me, I know we share a similar love for being outside. We share the love of immersing ourselves in the unknown, the unforgiving, the tragic, the joyous, and this road we call adventure. #convergencefilm
No comments:
Post a Comment